0.3mm 0.4mm 0.5mm Nozzle Kapton Tape Blue Painters Tape 3D Maintanance starter kit for ABS PLAfilament clogged nozzle clearing drill bits with a multi-functional pin-vise and Glue Sticks
8.25" x 8" (200MM x 210MM) Print Bed Blue Painter's Tape Squares
10.5" x 8" (275MM x 200MM) Heat Resistant Polymide Kapton Tape
8" x 3" Print Bed Removal Tool
Please see photos for items being shipped.
1) 2 Quantity BLUE PAINTERS TAPE PRINT BED STRIPS: Perfect for ABS filament users. PLA can sometimes require Kapton tape due to higher print bed heat. Kapton is more expensive and can be purchased separately.
2) 2 Quantity Polymide Heat Resistant Kapton Tape Strips: Perfect for ABS (Lower Heat) and PLAfilament (Higher Heat)users.
3) 1 high quality PRINT BED REMOVAL TOOL
Measures: 8" x 3"
Beveled for much easier print removal
3" wide for removing prints without them falling off one side of the tool
Semi-sturdy blade allows for some flexibility but insures the print will not bend the blade and fall off
Sturdy construction means years of use
4) Tungsten Carbide Drill Bits (2 each) .3mm .4mm .5mm for regular nozzle maintanance and de-clogging (comes withour custom3.5" pin-vise)
Bits have countless uses other than clearing nozzles
Use as regular maintanance before each print or to un-clog a nozzle when prints begin to lose quality
Available in MANY sizes and combinations
Build your own pack from scratch option available
5) 2 quantity glue sticks (7g or 0.24oz each)
spread glue lightly over the blue tape on the printbed area being used
glue makes removal with the tool much easier
increases the life of each tape strip
glue brand may vary but will always be 7g or 0.24oz
1. Wear latex, nitrile, or similar gloves during application to protect your skin from chemicals and to prevent fingerprints and grease from sticking between the tape and the build plate.
2. A squeegee or flat, semi-flexible card, like a credit card, is essential for applyingPolyimidetape well. If you are using a card, ensure the edges are not too sharp, or it may cut into thePolyimide tape.
3. Remove any currentPolyimide tapefilm or other film coating from your printer’s build plate, and then clean the platethoroughly to remove any adhesive residue and fingerprints.
4. Partially peel the plastic backing away from a new sheet ofPolyimidetapefilm.
5. Line up the exposed adhesive edge of thePolyimidetape film with one of the shorter edges of the build plate, leavingsome overlap up to the thickness of the build plate to later fold over the edges of the build plate
6.Using light pressure with a squeegee, press the first inch of thePolyimidetape film to the build plate
7. If there are any troubles with alignment or wrinkles, gently pull upthePolyimide tapefilm and reapply.
8. Once the first inch is applied correctly, use firm pressure with thesqueegee to fully adhere that section to the plate
9. If there is too much excess, it can be trimmed at this point, stillleaving some excess to fold over the edges, depending on thethickness of your build plate. Fold the remaining excess over the edges of the build plate sides, and use thesqueegee to firmly adhere.
About the Kit:
This kit isa must have for any 3D printer owner. It can also serve as a great start-up kit for a new printer owner. What a great birthday or Christmas gift! Removing prints from a print bed can be quite the hassle and can leave residue behind. Using the blue painters tape will increase the life of your print bed. The glue can be applied lightly over the tape in the area where your print will be. Once your print is finished and ready to be removed, use the 3" wide tool to carefully remove your print and place it where you wish. The tool is beveled and will easily get under your print. It is slightly flexible but sturdy enough to carry any print safely. Many tools on the market are very thin and only 1" wide. This is only useful for making sure the print is not stuck to the bed. We have never heard of a person using one tool to un-stick their cookies from an oven pan and then using a separate tool to remove the cookies. Customers feedback is why this tool was created. We hope you will enjoy the new design.
The bits and pin-vise are our #1 selling product. Every 3D printer nozzle will clog from time to time. The kit is designed to make clearing those clogs quick and painless. Simply heat the nozzle and insert the bit carefully using the pin-vise. Gently move the bit up and down (not side to side). Run some filament through the nozzle for 10-15 seconds and you are done. Most customers use the bits each time they print as preventative maintanance.
We hope you will enjoy your purchase. We look forward to hearing your feedback. Feedback is the key to creating an ever-evolving and improving product line.